Floor Manager Job Description
The Floor Manager oversees the interview and hiring processes for servers, runners, and bussers. Responsibilities include overseeing, directing, and training of personnel in these positions. In addition, the Floor Manager ensures efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with other manager(s) to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Lead team meetings and participate in manager / business meetings
- Develop training material for servers and runners
- Ensure proper staffing and be available to cover shifts as needed
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Proficient in English
- Ability to stand on your feet for several hours
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Minimum of 4 year experience as a server
- Table top gaming a plus
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication
- Teamwork oriented
Marketing and Social Media
We are looking for an energetic Marketing and Social Media specialist to increase brand awareness and increase customer engagement and sales. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of social media strategy, excellent writing skills, able to write in an informative, entertaining, and professional manner for marketing posts, press releases, etc. Individual must be organized.
- Develop a comprehensive social media strategy that includes but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and our website.
- Coordinate and collect information with the other departments, Retail, Bar, Kitchen.
- Help plan future marketing efforts (events, in store promotions, internet promotions, activities, etc.)
- Maintain marketing calendar (when to post and what).
- Implement and monitor the company’s strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Minimum 2 year experience in the field of marketing and social media
- Team player
- Tabletop gamer a plus
Be a friendly and knowledgeable guide to our store and gaming in general
- High school graduate
- Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately
- Positive, helpful attitude toward customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately
- Availability to work at least 14-28 hours or 2-4 shifts/week
- Capable of lifting up to 40 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time
- Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards and register receipts
- Precision and accuracy when dealing with large quantities of data
- Communicate with other staff members status of large multi- step procedures
- Some knowledge of modern games and ability to discuss them
- Handle cash, credit or check transactions with customers
- Scan goods and collect payments
- Ensure pricing is correct
- Issue change, receipts, or tickets
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Greet customers when entering or leaving establishment
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout/browsing areas
- Process returns and check to see if items are damaged
- Answer customers’ questions and get a manager if answer doesn’t solve the issue
- Bag, box or wrap packages
- Describe and teach games for guests and staff
- Proactively restock and arrange shelves
- Check and repack library returns
- Receive deliveries and check stock against invoices
- Identify and contact customers concerning special orders and other product requests
Line Cook job
Emerald Tavern Games and Café is looking for an experienced Line Cook to join our team.
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing and preparing sauces.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sauteing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards
- Maintains cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces, filtering fryer and cleaning grills at the end of the shift.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Spoken English and ability to understand instructions and communicate with the rest of the team
- Knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under stress and busy times.
- Follows directions and instructions
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team
Reports To: Bar Manager / General Manager
Prepare cocktails, beers, and specialty coffee drinks while providing excellent customer service and maintaining a clean bar.