Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to treat guests like guests in their own home, ensuring they will want to return again and again.
- TABC certified and Foodhandlers certificate (will provide certification training upon hire otherwise)
- Availability to work at least 14-28 hours or 2-4 shifts/week.
- Possess a background in or willingness to learn more about beer, wine, and spirits
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds.
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all patrons feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests; enter orders in our point-of-sale system
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor guest’s dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service.
- Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Clearing and reset tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
Line Cook job
Emerald Tavern Games and Café is looking for an experienced Line Cook to join our team.
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing and preparing sauces.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sauteing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards
- Maintains cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces, filtering fryer and cleaning grills at the end of the shift.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Spoken English and ability to understand instructions and communicate with the rest of the team
- Knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under stress and busy times.
- Follows directions and instructions
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team
Be a friendly and knowledgeable guide to our store and gaming in general
- High school graduate
- Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately
- Positive, helpful attitude toward customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately
- Availability to work at least 14-28 hours or 2-4 shifts/week
- Capable of lifting up to 40 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time
- Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards and register receipts
- Precision and accuracy when dealing with large quantities of data
- Communicate with other staff members status of large multi- step procedures
- Some knowledge of modern games and ability to discuss them
- Handle cash, credit or check transactions with customers
- Scan goods and collect payments
- Ensure pricing is correct
- Issue change, receipts, or tickets
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Greet customers when entering or leaving establishment
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout/browsing areas
- Process returns and check to see if items are damaged
- Answer customers’ questions and get a manager if answer doesn’t solve the issue
- Bag, box or wrap packages
- Describe and teach games for guests and staff
- Proactively restock and arrange shelves
- Check and repack library returns
- Receive deliveries and check stock against invoices
- Identify and contact customers concerning special orders and other product requests
Reports To: Bar Manager / General Manager
Prepare cocktails, beers, and specialty coffee drinks while providing excellent customer service and maintaining a clean bar.