Emerald Tavern is currently hiring both front and back of house staff for our expansion space!
We’re looking for meeples with experience and interest in any (or all!) of the following: serving, line cook, prep cook, bartending, coffee shops, customer service, gaming, and general nerd culture. We’re hiring both part time positions with full time opportunities available for the right candidate. Full time employees are eligible to participate in our benefits program including paid sick leave and health insurance upon the end of their probationary hiring period.
To apply please send a resume and cover to email@example.com. Please include desired position and general availability.
Cashier / Front of House Associate
$7.25 per hour plus portion of tip pooling
• Positive, helpful attitude toward customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately
• Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately
• Keen interest in providing an excellent guest experience
• Availability to work at least 14-28 hours or 2-4 shifts/week
• High school graduate (or equivalent)
• Capable of lifting up to 40 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time
• Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards and register receipts
• Handle cash, credit or check transactions with customers
• Scan goods and collect payments
• Ensure pricing is correct
• Issue change, receipts, or tickets
• Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
• Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
• Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
• Greet customers when entering or leaving establishment
• Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
• Process returns and check to see if items are damaged
• Answer customers’ questions and get a manager if answer doesn’t solve the issue
• Bag, box or wrap packages
• Pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction
• Adequately convey customer orders to bar/cafe staff
• Ensure information is correctly input for food orders
• Assist bar staff with back bar duties and tasks to allow the bar to operate smoothly and efficiently.
Our server’s main goal is to provide friendly, responsive service and to create an exceptional dining experience for all our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to treat guests like guests in their own home, ensuring they will want to return again and again.
$3.00 per hour to start, plus tips
Tip pooling for daily tips, (55% payout of total tips)
Guaranteed $11+ (tips included) an hour for the first four weeks of being open
• TABC certified and Foodhandlers certificate (will provide certification training upon hire otherwise)
• Availability to work at least 14-28 hours or 2-4 shifts/week.
• Possess a background in or willingness to learn more about beer, wine, and spirits
• Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds.
• Welcome and greet guests. Make all patrons feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
• Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
• Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
• Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
• Take food and beverage orders from guests; enter orders in our point-of-sale system
• Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
• Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
• Maintain clean service areas.
• Monitor guest’s dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service.
• Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
• Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
• Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
• Clearing and reset tables.
• Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
• Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
As we grow our kitchen team we’re looking for individuals with experience in the following area:
Assistant Lead Cook.
Compensation: Varies (commensurate with experience & position)
Must have a great and upbeat attitude, be self-motivated, trustworthy, reliable, clean, and energetic.
Food Handlers Certificate Required.
25 – 40 hours a week.
Interviews weekdays, daily between 2PM and 4 PM at new location (formally Sherlock’s near Burnet and 183).
Please ask for Mike the Kitchen Manager or Erich Weidner.