Our game library and table space are free and complementary for our food and drink customers.
The Emerald Tavern concept seeks, at its core, to provide a comfortable place to meet and play games while enjoying beer, wine, coffee, food and snacks.
Food and beverage purchases directly support our library and game space and make our concept possible.
For the enjoyment of all, we do have a few rules:
- Outside food or drink are not permitted.
- Except where noted (via reservation card), tables are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Tables and our game library are free for the use of our cafe customers. (You are a cafe customer if you are purchasing food and/or beverages from us.)
- You are welcome to bring your own games.
- Please choose an appropriately sized table for your group. Long tables are for groups of 6 or more (unless all other tables are full).
- Tables may not be combined or moved without first speaking with a member of staff. (Generally 8-10 cafe customers in a group are required to combine two tables.)
- Sometimes a group is looking for others to play a game; sometimes they just want to play with their private group. Please respect others and… Fly the flag! (please follow this link for more details)
- Some games can tend toward being loud and obnoxious… be respectful to your neighbor tables that are not playing your game and please keep the volume to reasonable levels.
- During extremely busy periods customers not making reasonable purchases of food and/or drinks may be asked to give up their table for other cafe customers who are waiting for a table.
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, vaporizers, etc. is not permitted inside the store.
- To protect our wood tables, miniature painting or model building are only permitted during store sponsored events using provided table coverings and only on specifically designated tables (see a member of staff first).
- Children and teens 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Have fun!